Symposium 2015 – Food Security in a Changing Climate
Thank you to all speakers and delegates who participated in Symposium 2015 and helped make it a successful event.
Click to view the following:
The Hill Times Events Policy Briefing Live! Climate Change media panel event is happening at the end of Day 1 of Symposium 2015 (4-5PM). Click for more details.
A one and a half day gathering to raise awareness, share knowledge and drive action to address food security in the face of a changing climate. The event’s main objectives are to:
- Enhance levels of understanding about the impact climate change has on food (and seed) production, distribution, value, and life cycle management.
- Engage stakeholders from multi-sectors and jurisdictions to share evidence, strategies and solutions.
- Develop priorities and recommendations for action to help guide decisions and best practices that lead to more sustainable, safe, and nutritious food.
- Mr. Nicolas Chapuis French Ambassador to Canada
- The Honourable Glen Murray Ontario Minister of Environment and Climate Change
- Dr. Tom Pedersen Chair, Canadian Climate Forum
- Mr. Ron Bonnett President, Canadian Federation of Agriculture
- Mr. Robert Sandford EPCOR Water Security Research Chair, United Nations University Institute for Water, Environment & Health
- Dr. Dave Sauchyn Research Chair, Water Resources and Climate Change, University of Regina
- Dr. Susan Wood-Bohm Executive Director, Biological GHG Management Program, Alberta Innovates – BIO Solutions / Climate Change and Emissions Management Corporation
- Dr. Richard Hebda Adjunct Professor, Heritage Potatoes Climate Project / University of Victoria
- Dr. Laurie Chan Research Chair, Toxicology and Environmental Health, University of Ottawa
- Dr. Don Lemmen Research Manager, Climate Change Impacts and Adaptation Division, Department of Natural Resources
- Ms. Geraldine Van Bibber Chancellor, Yukon College, member of the Gwich’in First Nation
- Ms. Anne Hammill Director, Resilience, International Institute for Sustainable Development
- Dr. R. Ian Perry Research Scientist, Pacific Biological Station, Department of Fisheries and Oceans
- Mr. Don McCabe President, Ontario Federation of Agriculture, Past President of the Soil Conservation Council of Canada
- Dr. Karin Wittenberg Dean, Faculty of Agricultural and Food Sciences, University of Manitoba
- Ms. Jane Rabinowicz National Director, The Bauta Family Initiative on Canadian Seed Security
- Dr. Brian Riddell President and CEO, Pacific Salmon Foundation
- Mr. Ed Desson Fisheries Manager, Nisga’a Lisims Government
- Prof. Tim Benton Global Food Security Champion, Global Food Security Programme (UK)
- Dr. Lars-Otto Reiersen Executive Secretary, Arctic Monitoring and Assessment Programme
- Dr. Hans Hurni Founding President and Board Member, Centre for Development and Environment, University of Bern
- Dr. Bernard Cantin, Program Leader, Collaborative Adaptation Research Initiative in Africa and Asia, International Development Research Centre
Schedule (Click to view speakers’ presentations)
To view a sample menu, click here.
- $399 – Symposium (includes all Symposium meals), “The Hill Times Policy Briefing Live! Climate Change” media panel event, Cocktail Reception & Dinner
- $320 – Member and Partner Preferred Rate (includes all Symposium meals), “The Hill Times Policy Briefing Live! Climate Change” media panel event, Cocktail Reception & Dinner
- $185 – Student and Retiree Rate (includes all Symposium meals), “The Hill Times Policy Briefing Live! Climate Change” media panel event, Cocktail Reception & Dinner
- $100 – Student and Retiree Rate (does not include Cocktail Reception & Dinner)
- $100 – Cocktail Reception & Dinner only on November 12th with Keynote Speaker M. Nicolas Chapuis, French Ambassador to Canada